Caps and Gowns on Sale in the Bookstore through Thursday, June 2nd
Join us in celebrating your achievements by participating in the Fifty-Second Commencement of Shoreline Community College honoring the Class of 2016 on June 5, 2016 at 2:00 PM in the Main Gymnasium, Building 3000. You should be proud of what you have accomplished, so think about sharing this special event with your family, friends, faculty, and other students.
Everything you need to know about starting the process to walk at Commencement on June 5th is included below and on the Commencement 2016 important info sheet. Caps and gowns will be on sale at the SCC Bookstore in the lower level of the PUB on Monday, May 9th, and will continue through Thursday, June 2nd. All guests are required to have tickets, which also will be distributed at the Bookstore through June 2nd.
Please take time to read the information included below and on the Commencement 2016 important info sheet. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact Nancy Marshall in the Dean of Students Office, Room 5202A. Thank you.
COMMENCEMENT 2016 IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Planning on participating in the 2016 Commencement Ceremony? Here’s what you need to know:
- Intent to walk – All students participating in the Commencement Ceremony need to complete a one page form by end of day May 26th (available May 9th in the SCC Bookstore). Up to three guest tickets will be offered to students completing the form. Requests for additional tickets will be tracked on a list in the order received. Guest tickets remaining after May 26th will be disbursed from the list in the Dean of Students Office, Room 5202A, until they are gone. Commencement regalia will be required, including cap (with tassel) and gown. These will be available for purchase from Monday, May 9th through Thursday, June 2nd for $ 34.99 (plus tax) at the bookstore on the first floor of the PUB.
- Accommodations – Please contact the Office of Special Services (206-546-4545), Room 5226 in the FOSS Building) if you are graduating and will need accommodations at the ceremony.
- Rehearsal for Commencement will be on Friday, June 3rd, at 1:30 p.m. in the College’s gymnasium (Building #3000). Please report to the large gym (on the main level) for rehearsal. This is extremely important so you will know the procedures for Sunday.
- Commencement Ceremony is on Sunday, June 5th, at 2:00 p.m. in the College’s large gym (on the main level). Graduates should plan to arrive at 1:30 p.m. and report to the lower level of the gymnasium (Building #3000). Please make arrangements to leave personal items such as purses and backpacks with your guests, as there will be no secure place to leave them in the gymnasium.
- Tickets – All guests are required to have tickets and will be checked at the door. Children attending will need tickets. Please remind your guests to bring their tickets with them. Guests without tickets will be directed to the overflow area in the small gym for viewing the ceremony on a monitor, as space allows. Lost tickets are not replaceable.
- Seating – Guests should arrive early since seating is first come, first served. Ticket holders arriving prior to the ceremony will be directed to the bleachers. However, late arrivals will be directed to the overflow area outside of the gym. There will be limited designated seating areas for people with mobility impairments or using wheelchairs. Please let an usher know if you need accessible seating. Accommodations. Please inform The Office of Special Services (206.546.4545, Room 5226 in the FOSS Building) if you have a guest who will need accommodations. Guests are also welcome to let an usher know if they have special needs.
- Sign Language Interpreter – There will be an American Sign Language (ASL) interpreter who will stand to the right of the stage. There will be a designated area for people using the interpreter on the right hand side of the gym. Please sit in this section if you will be using the interpreting services during the ceremony.
- Photos – For professional photos, including the traditional receiving-of-the-diploma photo, go to gradimages.com and click on the Pre-Event Registration tab to register. Proofs will be sent to you. There is no obligation to purchase photos, and your personal information will not be sold.
- Reception – Following the ceremony, there will be a reception in the main dining hall of the Pagoda Union Building (9000) with dessert and beverages. A setting for photographs will be provided. There also will be opportunities to talk with the commencement speakers, meet college faculty and enjoy the company of other students.
- NOTE: Parking will be free on Sunday, June 5, 2016.