Welcome to Week 2 of Spring Quarter!
Now that classes are underway, do you ever find yourself thinking that you could use someone else to help you brainstorm, review, and troubleshoot the concepts in your courses? If so, Tutoring Services has many options to help support you in your coursework!
We offer a variety of drop-in services to help you with certain classes:
- The BCLC (Bio/Chem) in 4201 is open Mondays – Thursdays 9am-5pm and Fridays 9am-1pm. (Biology faculty also host a Biology Open Lab for any BIOL students, including BIOL090 in 2602 on Saturdays 10am-3pm.)
- The Physics LC in 2923 is open Mondays 9:30-10:30am & 11:30am-3:30pm, Tuesdays (NO TUTOR), Wednesdays 9:30-10:30am & 11:30am-3:30pm, Thursdays 9:30-10:30am and Fridays 9:30-10:30am.
- The AELC (Acct/Econ) in 4229 is open Mondays 8:30-9:30am, Tuesdays 8:30-9:30am & 1 -3pm, Wednesdays 8:30-9:30am & 1 -2pm, and Thursdays 8:30-9:30am & 1 -2pm.
- The BUSTC & eLearning Center in 1304 is open Mondays 11:30am-2:30pm (NO TUTOR), Tuesdays 11:30am-3:30pm, Wednesdays 11:30am-2:30pm, Thursdays 11:30am-3:30pm, and Fridays 10am-2pm.
- The Conversation Groups in 4229 are as follows:
- Spanish, Mondays 1-2pm
- Japanese, Mondays 2-3pm
- Chinese, Tuesdays 3-4pm
- ASL, Wednesdays 10:30am-12:30pm
- ESL, Thursdays 11:30am-12:30pm
- French, TBD
We also provide one-on-one tutoring support where you can apply for free regular, weekly help with a tutor in any of your Shoreline courses. We grant tutors to students in the order we receive applications. Students and tutors then decide on a schedule and meet every week to explore and practice course content through a variety of methods, strategies, and styles. To request a one-on-one tutor, you can apply in person in our office (Library 4228) or online here: https://shoreline.formstack.com/forms/tutoring
For paper applications, questions, and more information, the Tutoring Services office hours in 4228 are Mondays-Thursdays, 9 am – 6 pm, and Fridays, 9 am – 4:30 pm. We’re here to help!