We’re midway through the quarter, Phins, which means today – Mon., Jan. 25 – is the LAST DAY to get a 50% refund on dropped classes. So if you’re on the fence, make the decision quick if you hope to get money back.
Posted in Announcements Tagged with: add/drop
Beginning Tues., Jan. 19, students wishing to add/drop a class must pay a $15 fee. Also starting on this date, the signature of both the instructor and the dean are required to add a class. This is also the day that drops start showing on student records as “W”. Please be aware of these requirements as you consider adding or dropping a class to your schedule.
Posted in Announcements Tagged with: add/drop, registration, winter quarter 2016
Just a quick reminder of the process for students to add/drop classes after the start of the quarter:
- Students are able to register themselves for a class if there are open seats and no waiting list.
- Online registration is open through the last day of the first week of the quarter (add/drop online).
- Students on the waiting list are automatically registered as seats become available, through the third day of the quarter.
- Registering into full and/or waitlisted classes requires an overload slip, emailed permission from the instructor with approval to OVERLOAD, or the signature on a Schedule Change Form, stating their approval to OVERLOAD the class.
- Students are not overloaded into full and/or waitlisted classes with the instructor’s signature alone. It’s important that we know the instructor has agreed to overload the class (possibly ahead of others on the waiting list).
- Instructor’s permission required to add a class, with an overload slip, emailed permission to add, or signature on a Schedule Change Form.
- Online registration and the waiting list are no longer available.
- Students cannot register without instructor’s signature.
- No signature is required to drop a class.
Week 3 & 4:
- Permission of both the instructor and the division dean required to register, with an overload slip, emailed permission to add, or signature on a Schedule Change Form.
- Along with permission to add the class, the instructor must state whether or not student has been attending from the first day/week. This is very important — whether or not the student has been attending from the start of the quarter has an impact on our quarterly enrollment.
- Instructor signature or emailed permission is required to withdraw from a class from the first day of the third week through the first day of the seventh week (W period).
After the W period, withdrawal is no longer done through the registration process. Students must meet with their instructor to discuss a late withdrawal grade of V, Z, NC, or I (entered directly on the grade roster in Instructor Briefcase).
Note: The number of days in each “week” is adjusted for the shorter Summer quarter. Refer to the Important Dates calendar for Summer dates.
Posted in Announcements Tagged with: add/drop, registration
Just a reminder that the last day to receive a 50% refund on any dropped classes is Tues., Oct. 13, so if you have any plans to drop a class, go visit the registrar today!
Posted in Announcements Tagged with: add/drop, refund
Looking to add to your summer load? Feeling like you can take on just a tad more? Well, hurry because the last day to add a class is this Thurs., July 9. You’ll need the signature of both the instructor and dean to do it, so don’t wait until the last minute.
Posted in Announcements Tagged with: add/drop, summer 2015
Just a reminder that the $15 fee to add or drop a class goes into effect Wed., July 1. As of Wed., students now also need the signature of both the instructor and dean to add a class, and any dropped classes will now show on your record as a “W.”
Posted in Announcements Tagged with: add/drop, class schedule